We all have problems managing stress. According to research, 54% of Americans are concerned about the level of stress in their daily lives. Whether it comes from work, relationships, or money problems, there are many ways we can relieve tension instantly. Here are 10 different ways you can relieve stress instantly!
- Yoga: The combination of deep breathing and poses makes this stress relieving activity a great way to lower your blood pressure and feel better!
- Meditate: Sometimes all we need is silence and taking a deep breath. Meditation is geared to creating a calming mood which will have a positive effect on stress.
- Listen to Music: Studies have shown listening to music can provide multiple ways in which we can relieve stress, from triggering biochemical stress reducers to just plain keeping your mind off the matter.
- Laugh: Laughter can reduce the physical effects of stress. So pop in your favorite funny movie and laugh away!
- Exercise: The post exercise endorphin rush is a great way to cut stress as well as get back in shape.
- Chew Gum: Studies suggest the act of chewing gum can reduce cortisol levels, which can help overcome stress.
- Take a Nap: Napping has been proven to lower cortisol levels, which aids in relieving stress.
- Get a Dog: Dog owners have been shown to be less stressed out than the average person. Most likely thanks to a dog that brings positive energy and love in your life.
- Get a Massage: Massages can do so much more than just alleviate physical pain. Studies suggest massages may also be beneficial for fighting stress and improving body image.
- Walk it Off: A nice quiet stroll around the neighborhood could be exactly what the doctor ordered. Take your time to appreciate your surroundings and use all of your senses.
Stress is a part of our lives whether we want it to be or not. The best ways for improved happiness is to find healthy outlets. Use this list or find something else you love to help you feel better about yourself and deal with the anxiety and stress that your life brings daily.